When to See a Dermatologist ?



You may feel awkward about seeing a dermatologist, especially if you’ve been told that acne is something you will eventually outgrow. To help you decide whether or not it’s time to consult a dermatologist, listed below are some statements. Do any apply to you?

    My acne makes me shy.

    I am embarrassed by my acne.

    My outlook on life is less optimistic since I developed acne.

    None of the over-the-counter products and/or remedies I’ve tried has worked.

    I am beginning to see scars after acne lesions clear.

    I have painful, pus-filled lesions (nodules) in addition to blackheads and whiteheads (comedones), and reddened spots on my skin.

    I have dark skin, and a patch that is darker than my skin appears when an acne lesion clears.

If you said “yes” to any of the above statements, seeing a dermatologist may be beneficial. Today, virtually every case of acne can be successfully resolved. Not only can dermatologists help resolve existing acne, they can also help prevent new lesions from forming and reduce your chance of developing disfiguring scars. To find a dermatologist in your area, visit the AAD’s Find A Dermatologist page. Biographical information about many dermatologists is also accessible from this page.

0 comments:

You can replace this text by going to "Layout" and then "Page Elements" section. Edit " About "